Mumbai, May 10, 2021: K Raheja Corp, India’s leading real estate conglomerate, announced various initiatives to help fight the war against the novel coronavirus. One of the key initiatives involves setting up of a centralised 24×7 Covid War Room backed by a team of employees committed to assist colleagues and in some cases even non-employees with emergency services. Acknowledging the tremendous outcome of the ‘power of unifying’ K Raheja Corp is also encouraging healthy employees to use the Company’s existent policy of ‘Time Off for Volunteering’, wherein employees can pursue any community service of their choice during regular workdays, six days in a year.
Additional initiatives include:
- Assisting employees in their financial security, the Company offers term insurance. The recent past has seen employees’ family being given 2 years lumpsum CTC in the unfortunate incident of loss of life. Improved medical cover, the benevolent scheme for those in need of assistance and advance salary for any exigencies have also been introduced.
Emotional and mental wellbeing.
- To ensure emotional and mental wellbeing, the Company has launched an initiative christened ‘Reach Out’ wherein, employees and their families can get access to professional counselling.
- After hosting its first successful vaccination camp for employees over 45 years which saw an 81% success rate, camps for employees across age groups are now underway.
- The Company’s leave policy now includes 3 extra days offered for ‘self- care’. While there is no comparison to the scale of loss caused by this pandemic, we hope that taking some time off will help one to recuperate. Additionally, unlimited paid leaves for critical illness or treatment has also been introduced.
- Doctor on call, isolation rooms and other Covid 19 support is also made available.
Ms. Urvi Aradhya, Chief Human Resource Officer, K Raheja Corp said, “Alone we can achieve little, but together we can amplify efforts and achieve so much more. It is with this thought in mind that we set up our Covid War-Room recently, which has already assisted numerous colleagues and even non-employees.
We believe in giving back to the community, which led us to launching the ‘Time Off for Volunteering’ policy over half a decade ago, encouraging our people to take time off from work and assist someone in need, and there couldn’t be a better time for our people to action the policy.
Each step we take today, no matter how small, is building this into a larger initiative and we couldn’t be more thankful to our people for volunteering time and effort in creating a positive impact.”