Mumbai, 18th January 2024: The Mumbai local train network is gearing up for a scheduled night block on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday, January 19th and 20th, 2024. The Western Railway’s Mumbai division has announced the night block to facilitate essential maintenance work on tracks, signalling systems, and overhead equipment between Vasai Road and Vaitarna stations.
– UP Fast line maintenance: 23:55 hrs to 02:55 hrs
– Down Fast line maintenance: 01:35 hrs to 04:35 hrs
As a consequence of this night block, Train No. 19101 Virar-Bharuch MEMU is anticipated to be delayed by 15 minutes. The train is expected to depart from Virar at 04:50 hrs instead of the originally scheduled 04:35 hrs.
The Western Railway has clarified that no block is planned during the day on the Western Railway suburban section on Sunday, January 21st, 2024.
In a separate announcement, the Western Railway has revealed plans for additional Mumbai local trains to cater to the participants and attendees of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2024. Three special slow Mumbai Local Trains are scheduled to run in the early morning of January 21st, 2024:
1. First special train: Virar to Churchgate, starting at 2:15 am
2. Second special train: Borivali to Churchgate, departing from Borivali at 3:05 am
3. Third special train: Churchgate to Bandra, beginning the journey at 3 am
All these special trains will make stops at all stations on the line, ensuring the convenience of passengers during the marathon event. Commuters are advised to plan their travel accordingly, considering the night block and additional train services in place.