Mumbai, 17th November 2021: The following projects were approved in MMRDA’s Authority meeting held on Tuesday, 16th November 2021 which was helmed by Shri. Eknath Shinde, Hon. Minister, Urban Development Department, Maharashtra & Chairman MMRDA present virtually, along with Shri. S.V.R. Srinivas, IAS, Metropolitan Commissioner, and other dignitaries.
- Approval was given for the construction of Kalyan Bypass road (Part 3) – Mothagaon Bridge to Govindwadi Bypass.
- MMRDA to undertake Bid Process management for the appointment of Consultant to prepare DPR of the flyover connecting Nariman Point to Colaba/ Cuffe Parade along with a contractor to implement it.
- Approval was given for the construction of an elevated road between Anand Nagar to Saket (6.30km) on Eastern Express Highway.
- It was approved to allot the usages of the plots in G-Block of Bandra-Kura Complex for 4 commercial, 3 residential and 2 social amenities through E-tenders.
- To construct the Metro car depot for the Metro Line 5 (Thane- Bhiwandi- Kalyan) at Mauje Kasheli instead of Kongaon MIDC.
- To establish new Development Centres in MMR region on partnership basis with the land collectors.
- Concretization of main road, slip road from Mahim Junction to Dahisar Check Naka on Western Express Highway.
- To cancel the proposed Metro Car Depot for Metro Line 7 on Airports Authority of India land at Dahisar and to make part changes in the design of the Metro Line 9 to construct Metro Car depot at Rai Murdhe for Metro Line 7, 7A and 9.
- Final approval was given to the Report launched recently onthe Comprehensive Transport Study (CTS – 2) Updation (2021-41) for MMR along with the Thane Traffic Impact Study.
- It was approved to concretize both the lines of the road from Sion Junction to Golden Dyes Junction, Majiwada, Thane, total 23.55 km on Eastern Express Highway.
- Approx Rs. 1316.18 crores was approved for the Balkum to Gaimukh, Thane coastal Road. A 2807mt long FOB (Foot-Over-Bridge) was also approved under package 1, 2 and 3 for Metro Line 7.
- The meeting also discussed conceptualization, engineering, procurement and construction of Hon. Balasaheb Thackeray National Memorial in the campus of Mumbai Mayor Residence.
It was also proposed to the Government of Maharashtra (GoM) to appoint MMRDA as a special planning authority to develop 8 developable regions in MMR.
Shri. Eknath Shinde, Hon. Minister, Urban Development, Maharashtra, Guardian Minister, Thane and Chairman, MMRDA said, “All these projects are a step towards developing MMR further. The bypass will help traffic to move faster and there will be less congestion on the internal roads of Thane.”