Godrej Appliances promises Indians a better way to do their dishes, with its foray into dishwashers
Mumbai, 20 July 2021: Godrej & Boyce, the flagship company of the Godrej Group, announced that its business Godrej Appliances one of India’s leading home appliances players has forayed into the Indian Dishwashers market with its new range of Godrej Eon Dishwashers.
Commenting on the launch, Kamal Nandi, Business Head and Executive Vice President – Godrej Appliances said, “The pandemic has upped stress level of consumers significantly. City based consumers particularly have been most affected – they are juggling their office work with household chores while trying to limit their dependence on domestic help to avoid health risks. This has led to a surge in effort minimizing appliances like dishwashers. We have been working on various technologies around the themes of health, hygiene, and effort minimization since the start of the pandemic and our dishwashers live upto this perfectly. With hygiene, convenience and efficiency at its heart, Godrej Dishwashers combat dishwashing – one of the most time and effort consuming household chore, and truly deliver a better way to do the dishes. We believe that this category will continue to see growth even post pandemic as more & more consumers discover the value this product can add to their lives.”
The new Godrej Eon Dishwashers challenge prevailing misconceptions about dishwashers on multiple areas – like on cleaning efficacy, types of dishes it can cater to or number of dishes it can cater to, water wastage, electricity consumption, time taken etc.
Godrej Eon Dishwasher is ideal for an Indian kitchen with 12 and 13 Place Settings to wash up to 91 utensils and cutlery at a go, including large pressure cookers, kadhais, pans, tawas and all the typical Indian cooking utensils. It is also suited for expensive dinner sets and delicate cups and glasses. It can also wash Teflon™ non-stick cookware, ceramic, melamine, silicon and plastic ware which is marked Dishwasher safe.
Contrary to the popular belief that dishwashers consume a lot of water, all Godrej Dishwashers have Eco mode which saves energy and uses as low as 9 L of water per wash cycle. It is suitable for Indian cooking style by being effective against grease and masala stains. This is in line with brand’s commitment to environment across all its offerings.
Godrej Dishwashers come with a host of features:
- Steam wash technology is tough on stubborn food stains while being gentle on the dishes – making it ideal for Indian cooking which often leads to sticky grease and stubborn food residue.
- The unique UV Technology eliminates the bacteria and disinfects the dishes and the built-in ionizer removes odour using negative ions.
- Smart Wash technology provides special turbidity sensors that detect the amount of particle matter in water and adjust the washing cycle parameters (temperature, duration, amount of water) accordingly, for an optimal wash every time. The machines can be adjusted for softness or hardness of water.
- Direct Wash Function washes glasses/ feeding bottles, etc. having a narrow opening more effectively, while the Triple Wash Function activates 2 extra sprays at the back of the machine for hard soiled pans, cookers, etc.
- Special Turbo Drying Technology activates a fan for powerful air circulation to draw out steam from the dishwasher and deliver efficient drying of the utensils. Coupled with the Intensive 65°C wash programme for heavily soiled greased dishes, consumers don’t need to spend time wiping dishes or waiting for them to dry anymore and can indulge in the joy of taking out hot – dry and sparkling dishes from the dishwasher.
- Auto Door Open feature automatically opens the door slightly during drying, reducing the energy required to dry the dishes significantly thereby making the drying process more efficient.
- Powered by efficient BLDC inverter technology, Godrej Eon Dishwasher has the highest A+++ Energy Rating as per European Standards for low energy consumption, better cleaning & drying performance, while saving water and time.
Indian dishwasher market is anticipated to cross USD 90 million (INR 667 Cr.) by FY2026.
Rajinder Koul, Product Group Head – Dishwashers, Godrej Appliances, further added, “The dishwasher category in India is at a nascent stage but the heightened need for personal hygiene and convenience as an outcome of Covid-19, has accelerated awareness and demand for this product segment. In October 2020, we had launched the new Godrej Eon Dishwasher range exclusively on a leading e-commerce platform only for select cities. Now, the entire range is being made available offline as well, pan India. Given our superior value proposition, we are confident of achieving a 15% market share by this financial year.”
With a stainless-steel interior door and tub that ensures higher durability, Godrej Eon Dishwasher comes with a 2-year comprehensive warranty. Available in 13 place and 12 place settings across 3 variants, the new Godrej Eon Dishwashers are starting from MRP of INR 37900 + taxes.