Andheri, 1st October 2022: The campaigning for the by-election of the ‘Andheri East’ assembly constituency is going to slow down from 6 pm today. As per the Election Code of Conduct, various levels of restrictions have been imposed on public campaigning thereafter.
Voting for the by-election of the ‘166 Andheri East’ assembly constituency will be held on November 3 from 7 am to 6 pm. There are seven candidates for this election. As per the Election Commission of India’s guidelines and as part of the model code of conduct, restrictions on public campaigning are imposed 48 hours before the closing of the polls.
Therefore, the Election Returning Officer of Andheri East Constituency, Prashant Patil has ordered restrictions on public campaigning from 6 pm today.
During this 48-hour period, candidates are required to obtain prior approval for their campaign and dissemination materials, as well as advertising.
During the restriction period, there will be a total ban on transactions, buying, and selling, exchange, etc. in liquor shops and similar matters.
The following will be restricted:
* There will be restrictions on the political use of religious places
• Use of loudspeakers on bulk short messages (SMS)
• Restrictions on holding any kind of assembly, public meeting, or taking out processions .
• Restriction on setting up a temporary office, and contact point of candidates within 200 meters of the polling station.
• Restrictions on conducting opinion polls, surveys, etc.