New Delhi, 15 March 2021: Government has taken the following steps to achieve the target of augmentation of coal production capacity:
- Single Window Clearance System has been launched.
- Guidelines for procedure and approval of mining plan has been simplified.
- Auctioning of coal mines for commercial sale of coal started.
- Regular review and monitoring of allocated coal mines in the past.
- Holding of Monitoring Committee meetings headed by Secretary (Coal) and concerned Chief Secretary of the state for early operationalisation of coal mines allocated.
- Improving evacuation efficiency & capacity and construction of new railway lines.
- Establishment of new washeries to enhance clean coal.
In addition to above, Coal India Limited has taken following specific steps:
- Capacity addition through approval of new & expansion PRs.
- Capacity addition through special dispensation in EC under clause 6(2) of EIA 2006.
- Enhancing capacity through marginal schemes and OC patches.
- Capacity augmentation through deployment of MDO.
- Use of state-of-art technology in OC mines
- Use of Mass Production Technology (MPT) in UG mines wherever feasible.
- All out efforts are being made at all levels for overcoming constraints like possession of non-forest land, diversion of forest land and other statutory clearances.
This information was given by Union Minister of Coal Shri Pralhad Joshi in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.