Two Workers Injured in Cooking Gas Fire at Thane Construction Site

Thane, 19th April 2024: Two workers sustained injuries in a fire that broke out at their temporary housing near a construction site in Thane city, Maharashtra, on Thursday morning. The incident occurred at approximately 7:30 am in the Kalwa area.

The fire was caused by a cooking gas leak, resulting in minor burn injuries for the two workers staying in the temporary accommodation, according to Yasin Tadvi, chief of the Thane civic body’s disaster management cell.

Local fire brigade personnel and a team from the RDMC quickly responded to the alert and extinguished the fire within 30 minutes.

The injured workers, identified as Mustafa Ahmed (18) and Muzammil Ahmed (20), were taken to Kalwa Civic Hospital for treatment.