Thane, 28th October 2022: A fire broke out in the starter of a State Transport Corporation (ST) bus travelling from Thane to Bhiwandi in the Tembhinaka area of Thane on Friday morning. As soon as this matter came to the bus driver’s attention, the passengers got down from the bus. Due to this vigilance of the bus driver, 70 passengers escaped without harm.
The Thane-Bhiwandi bus left from the State Transport Enterprise depot in Thane station on Friday morning. There were 70 passengers on this bus. This bus belongs to Bhiwandi Agra, and its number is MH 14 BT 1897. Anand Vithoba was the driver, and Ganpat Baburao Birajdar was the carrier on this bus. As the bus approached the Jain temple in the Tembhinaka area of Thane, the starter of the bus short-circuited and caught fire. This matter came to the attention of bus driver Anand. He immediately alerted the passengers. After that, panicked passengers started running to get down from the bus. As a crowd formed near the door, some passengers jumped from the window.
At the same time, former corporator Sudhir Kokate, who came there, informed the disaster management department about this. The disaster management department and fire brigade immediately rushed to the spot. The fire in the bus was completely extinguished with the help of the bus driver, conductor, residents, disaster management room staff, and fire brigade personnel.