Thane, 3rd January 2023: A Maharashtra State Transport Corporation bus on its way to Bhiwandi from Thane caught fire in front of a Dargah near the Uthalsar Ward Committee on Tuesday morning. After this incident, the alert driver immediately took the bus to the side of the road and asked the 65 passengers to get down – this averted a major accident.
The Maharashtra State Transport Corporation bus was going from Thane towards Bhiwandi around 8 am on Tuesday. The bus was carrying 65 passengers, including driver Anand Vithoba Savare and conductor Ajit Namdev Kamble. A fire broke out due to a short circuit in the starter of the bus in front of the shrine near Uthalsar Prabhag Samiti. As soon as this matter was pointed out, the driver Anand Vithoba Saware immediately took the bus to the side of the road. He also told the passengers that there was a fire in the bus and asked them to get down immediately. The frightened passengers then rushed to get down from the bus.
Meanwhile, on receiving the information from the local citizens that the bus was on fire, Jawaharbagh Fire Station personnel and Disaster Management Unit personnel rushed to the spot. The fire that broke out in the bus was fully extinguished with the help of the bus driver, conductor, residents, disaster management room staff and fire brigade personnel.