Thane: Major Fire Erupts in Ambernath Slum, Triggered by Gas Cylinder Explosions

Thane, 26th February 2024: In Thane, a significant fire erupted in a slum situated in the Circus Ground area of Ambernath on Monday. Reports from the local scene suggest that the fire originated from the explosion of four cooking gas cylinders stored in the same house within the slum.

Upon receiving the news of the incident, five fire tenders promptly rushed to the location, actively engaging in firefighting operations. Local authorities also arrived to manage the situation. Fortunately, there have been no reported casualties at this time.

Visuals of the fire depict intense flames engulfing the slum area, with thick black smoke rising into the sky from the burning houses. Onlookers, likely residents of the area, can be observed witnessing the flames, some actively involved in efforts to extinguish the blaze.

This incident is not an isolated one in Thane district, Maharashtra. Just a week prior, a furniture factory in Bhiwandi experienced a fire, resulting in substantial property damage. The incident occurred at Kalher Prithvi Complex on February 18th. Immediate notification to authorities led to the dispatch of three fire tender teams to the site.

Dousing the flames took nearly four hours, and the presence of gas cylinders on the premises posed challenges for the firefighting teams. Thick plumes of smoke were visible in the video footage, and approximately five units were charred. Investigation findings suggested that sparks coming into contact with an inflammable chemical likely triggered the fire.