Three-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling From Fifth Floor

Mumbai, 20th December 2022: A three-year-old boy who went to watch the FIFA World Cup final died after falling from the fifth floor of Garware Club. A case has been registered under ADR (Accidental Death Report). The boy’s family has accused the club management of negligence. The investigation is on in the matter, the Marine Drive Police informed.


The FIFA World Cup final match showcase at Churchgate’s Garware Club turned into a nightmare for a family in Parel. On Sunday late evening, a three-year-old child of a family fell from the fifth floor. At that time the boy’s parents were watching the final on the sixth-floor terrace of the club.


Hridayanshu Avneesh Rathod suffered serious head injuries and was rushed to Bombay Hospital where he was moved to the ICU. He was declared dead soon after. An accidental death report has been registered at Marine Drive police station.


The staircase from which the child had fallen had glass slabs and steel railings. A relative said a slab of glass was missing, leaving a ‘big’ gap from where the child had slipped. The relative said it is criminal negligence as they did nothing to rectify it before organizing such an event.


A police officer said an 11-year-old boy was walking slightly ahead of the younger boy on the stairs. The older boy heard some noise and turned to see that the younger boy had fallen down the stairs. He ran upstairs and informed his parents and relatives about the incident.


A security guard on the ground floor heard the bang and saw the child lying on the floor. By then, the boy’s family and relatives reached the spot and took him to Bombay Hospital. Police said the boy later died.


Police said the child had sustained serious injuries on the forehead and back of the head. Later his body was sent to GT Hospital for postmortem.


The body has been handed over to the family, the official said. Investigators have recorded the statements of the security guard and the 11-year-old boy. “We will record the statement of the child’s family later as they are in a state of shock,” they informed.